Monday, February 20, 2012

Ghost Hunting= Satanism (Ummm. NO!)

Lately there have been somethings that have been brought to my attention. I feel the need to share these findings with you.

First of all. Lets talk about me and my team for a minute. I was raised Lutheran. I never really went to church but my family taught me there is a higher power. And I follow my own religion beliefs. I believe in God. Angels. And all that jazz. Matt's parents were very Christian. He went to church every Sunday for years. He still follows Christian guide lines. How ever he doesn't believe in churches because he doesn't understand why you have to financially fund "gods house." He mainly feels this way because of all the scandals with priests and child abuse and money. Our psychic Peggy was raised very Catholic. She still practices and is very active in the church today. Sam is a Pastor studying religion in Seminary. So obviously he has a strong religious background. We all believe in a higher power.


Ghost Hunting: The process of investigating a location with a proclaimed ghost or haunting. 
Paranormal: Experiences outside the range of "normal."
Religion: Collection of cultural or religious beliefs that relate to humanity
Spirituality: A inner path allowing a person to discover their inner being. 
Occult: Knowledge of the Hidden or Paranormal world

The art of ghost hunting, paranormal investigating, or parapsychology is to discover the unseen. It is to become more familiar with the paranormal and understand the other side. 

Words that stand for too many people:
Hypocrite: A person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or RELIGION
Ignorant: Uneducated or LACK of Knowledge.

Lets get a few things straight. My team and I do not preform witch craft. My team and I do not worship the devil. In fact we believe we are very close to god because we understand not only what life means, but also what death means. We do not belong to some secret cult where we are going to drink poison and all go with the next comet. This is ridiculous! Seriously people.....

We have a passion for the paranormal. This is our hobby. You might ride motorcycles, you might be the coach of your daughters cheer-leading team. We hunt ghosts. But wait a minute. Lets get that clear.. lets talk about what that means exactly.


Paranormal Investigating is not a joke. This isn't funny to us. And we take it very seriously. I would guess most people out there wouldn't have the bravery we have to be locked down in the pitch black alone for hours. This is a science people. And before people judge I would say to please educate yourself before you think you know everything. Because you don't. 

I had the best advise from Zak Bagans. Who I consider a friend. In Jerome last year he asked me if my family was excited I was going to be on TV. 
I responded with, "Well I didn't tell me dad until a few days ago I was even a ghost hunter."
Zak, "What, Why?"
Me, "Because I was afraid of his reaction to the whole paranormal thing..."
Zak, "Are you proud of who you are, and what you are doing?"
Me, "Well of course!"
Zak, "Then never be afraid to show it to anyone. And if anyone judges you, well then that's their problem. As long as you are happy who you are and what you are doing, that's all that matters."

This was the best advise I have ever heard. I pass it on to you. I am not ashamed of who I am. And look at where it has gotten me. I stand before you proud. With my job title as GHOST HUNTER. Look how far I pushed myself. I get paid to ghost hunt travel the world and work with my best friends. Jealous? You should be.... I have the coolest job around.

I knew this was my passion, and I pushed and pushed to the point where I have been on national television with the Travel Channel. How many people can say that? Plus, there is still more ahead for my future. Never let someone discourage your dream. Whatever it may be. You can do anything. You have the power in your hands. It just depends on how much work you are willing to put into it. I worked for my dream. Whats yours?

And PS. People that do not stand by you no matter what life path you choose in life... they were never your true friend anyway. And people that claim they are a good friend and they put you down... get them out of your life. True friends don't try to hurt you. Its JEALOUSLY. And jealously is a sickness. And its also part of human kind.

Start waking up. In the morning look towards the ceiling and tell your higher power what you are thankful for. 


Here is my list:
1. My mother for never judging me no matter what my interests in life are. Mom you are truly my best friend. Thank you for bringing me into this world.

2. Sam Kribbs. You are my best friend Sam. We know EVERYTHING about each other. I can't say your like a brother because we don't fight like siblings. LOL. But you truly are my best friend. Thank you for being there my entire life. And always having an open mind. Also, your going to be one bad ass ghost hunter by the time were done training :)

3.Matt BYRD! Okay Matt. You took on the big brother roll. SO you are the brother I never had. Its awesome having you in my life. You are one of my best friends. You have stuck by me through a lot of drama! Thats true friends brotha. I know we fight sometimes and get on each others nerves, but I wouldn't have gotten this far without you. ANNDDD I wouldn't have it any other way <3

4. My animals. My dogs and cats are what keep me going every day. Between my mom and I we have 2 dogs and 3 cats. My dogs are Harley Diva and Toto. My Cats are Montana ReecesPieces and Fade. I love you guys so much and you are what keep me smiling every morning I wake up.

5. And lastly. I thank my higher power. FOR obvious reasons. But also for giving my the ability to communicate with the dead. It has been the most life changing experiences. And I thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment